Monday, June 15, 2009

Today is National Electricity Day

In 1752, during a thunderstorm in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Benjamin Franklin flew a kite to prove that lightning is electricity (an iron key suspended from the kite attracted a lightning bolt).

"There are two ways of being happy: We must either diminish our wants or augment our means - either may do - the result is the same and it is for each man to decide for himself and to do that which happens to be easier."

-- Benjamin Franklin


INTERESTING: No global warming?, Ginormous Neutrino

MOVIES: The Hurt Locker

HOUSEHOLD IDEAS: I like these, outdoor fun, how to clean the 10 dirtiest things in your home, areas important for home appraisals.

CRAFTIES: No more sewing machine needles mystery, make your own collapsible fabric box(es)

PRODUCTS: For us water lovers, a book I want - I saw one of his amazing houses when I was in high school, clip tabs - I soooo need these and these - a link to the new line, shoes - glorious shoes and right now they're BOGO 1/2 off, BOGO vitamins sale - I suck down loads of these daily, ever heard of Marmite?

A quote I love:

“The question is not what you look at but what you see.”

- Henry David Thoreau

At my house, a difference of opinion always results in a game of this. Real hands, of course.

Good things to always remember:

"The kinder and more thoughtful a person is, the more kindness they can find in other people."

Leo Tolstoy
1828-1910, Novelist and Philosopher

"The only place where your dream becomes impossible is in your own thinking."

Robert H. Schuller
Minister and Author


I'll leave you with some humor:


Hook 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment