Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Today is Wrinkled Raincoat Day

On the birthday of Peter Falk, the actor who played the rumpled detective Columbo, wear a wrinkled raincoat or do some investigating of your own. Falk was born on September 16, 1927, at New York, New York.

I love Columbo! One of these days I hope to own the entire series!

"If you want to be truly successful, invest in yourself to get the knowledge you need to find your unique factor. When you find it and focus on it and persevere, your success will blossom."

-- Sydney Madwed

YUMMY: Blackberry Pie, Lots of recipes for chicken! Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cupcake - oh my! Or how about some lemonade scones? Or Cinnamon-Apple Cake? Dips - I wanna try the carmelized onion dip.

HUMOR: Faces made out of clothes....pretty ingenious. They also have food art, world of chocolate, etc. I wonder if this'd work with those stray socks where the mate never shows up!?

HOME STUFF: I love this Austin deck! Makes me curious the cost of upkeep in our 100+ summer temps. I need to wash windows again!

CRAFTIES: Rowan has free patterns! I might need to make these for new GB! I like this idea for the little ones and accidents.

FEEL GOOD: Me and couple girls from work are going to donate to this wonderful group. I just finished a scarf for another coworker - she tried knitting and gave up and handed me the yarn. Since she was trying to make a scarf so I found a pattern in my stash and whipped out a scarf for her. It will be a nice welcome back for her --- she returns from Paris on Monday. In addition to the ripple afghan that I'm close to finishing, I plan on starting on this hat for one of my donations ~ if I have coordinating yarns that'll work well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment