Friday, September 4, 2009

Today is the birthday of Los Angeles

On this day in 1871, Felipe de Neve founded El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora La Reina de Los Angeles de Porciuncula -- that's Los Angeles to me and you... ;-)

"A house must be built on solid foundations if it is to last. The same principle applies to man, otherwise he too will sink back into the soft ground and become swallowed up by the world
of illusion."

-- Sai Baba

Back from NM and getting caught up at work. This makes me laugh - instead of air guitar....

FREEBIES: Granola bar sample, Taco Bell Frutista, Scrubbing Bubbles Pack, Exedem Moisturizer, Bear Naked Granola,

YUMMY: Lots and Lots of Dip recipes, I've so gotta make these Pumpkin/Cream Cheese muffins!

CRAFTIES: I like this apron but I'd have to wash it a zillion times to get it comfortable enough to wear while baking/cooking. I'm asking a couple of coworkers to join me in this effort. Great for that skein of yarn that doesn't fit with anything else in your stash - I have many of those. Trust me. For the aspiring chef - too adorable! I wonder if GB would wear just so Granny will smile?

Although I don't live by these standards and am more like her mother, I love this post and aspire to be more like this. Be sure and read the ending - the birthday party idea is amazing!

Don't forget - Saturday is the Horns first game of the season! Hook 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment